Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hot and Cold

I came back from sunny, hot and humid Florida to find it cold with wind and rain. I prefer the wind and rain - I do not do hot well at all. Actually, I still have the rest of the week off from work so yesterday the cold wind and rain made it a wonderful day to decompress from my time away from home and putter around the house tackling a few smaller projects - I cleaned out the bottom of the refrigerator and two junk drawers. I also unpacked (I usually allow it to sit in the suitcase a few days and up to a week) and put everything away.

The male population of the home did an okay job of keeping the house from total disaster while I was away. I have a day of work ahead of me to get it back into tip top shape but it's obvious they tried and I am always grateful for effort.

I so enjoyed the time with my family. My Aunt Nonnie (better known as Memaw) loves to putter around stores looking for good deals and I accompanied her. I found three pairs of shoes and a winter coat all for a great price. I believe people in Florida must have bigger feet because I had no problem finding shoes to fit my very big size 11 foot and here in California I have a horrid time finding my size (I usually have to pour my foot into a size 10 to see if I think an 11 will feel comfortable then have the store search the computer for my size at another store and have them shipped to me if an 11 is even found) and never on sale. Needless to say I hit the jackpot in Florida and am happy, happy, happy. I won't even go into detail on what I had to do to find room for all my "new stuff" in my already full luggage. There was a time when I didn't consider myself a very girly girl but I believe that may be changing because I am beginning to dig....dare I say it??? SHOPPING. Here is where I should tell you what I bought for everyone else but well...I didn't; just me. I am going to make my men, as well as the ladies I work with, a key lime pie using Memaw's recipe; that will be delicious and it didn't take up luggage space. Savvy huh?

OK, I know I said I may paint my living room but you will also remember I didn't commit and I'm still not. I have chosen the paint color though. I am putting this project off because we have high ceilings in that room and frankly, I am not looking forward to being that far off the ground and have decided it is best to have someone else in the house when I'm dangling my body on a ladder that far up. So, I have sufficiently justified my procrastination due to a safety issue and wisely so I think.

Well, I am off to begin other small project around my house today. So, on goes the music and off I go. Have a good day and enjoy the rain (we need it). God's speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment