Thursday, October 15, 2009

Today was a warm, sunny day (a bit too warm for me) so I took the break from the rain to tackle a little outdoor project which is way overdue. I laid weed barrier and lava rocks along the walk-way up to the house. I also put down a new "welcome" mat and replaced a black, ugly plastic bin my husband uses for weeds and rose bush cuttings with a nice, green planter pot and swept and rinsed down the entire walk-way. All that activity made a bunch of ants very angry with me so I put them out of their misery with a big of bug spray, just to ensure they didn't make their way into the house.

So the walk-way up to our house now looks nice and neat. I do believe I need to paint the front door soon (boy my painting projects are adding up aren't they?) and I'm pretty sure I'm going to paint it red.

Anyway, another day of vacation spent getting stuff done. Don't worry about me overworking myself though, knowing that it is a vacation day, I made sure to get in a bit of shopping and a nap. I consider it a day very well spent. Three more days of leisure then it's back to work. I think I'm ready, I miss my little tykes and am ready for their warm hugs as well as the ladies I work with. I'll be taking them a whipped key lime pie using Memaw's recipe so they'll be happy to see me too. However, I have enjoyed the time off and am sure I could fill several more weeks with house projects but I do believe the time has come to rejoin the working class.

Until tomorrow - God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment