Saturday, August 29, 2009

Laundry - at least it's better than soap scum

OK, you all know my feelings on soap scum (which I think I actually figured out; see previous post if you don't know my feeling on soap scum) now let's talk laundry. Piles and piles of laundry. Anyway, I have completed project #3 which was gaining control of laundry and establishing a "system" to help keep it under control; time will tell if my "system" works or not.

My clothes are all put away and hung up in closets (yes, I now use two closets to house my clothing; this is a real humanitarian problem for me which I will need to address another time; not today though) and the laundry room is nice and clean and I even found room (in the laundry room, no less) for three baskets: one for me, one for my husband and one for my son. I have another basket located right outside the laundry room for "other" stuff like dish towels, towels, other household items which don't belong to any one person. My eldest son (who I miss so much) is off to college so maybe, just maybe, laundry for three will be easier to keep control of than laundry for four. Now, to convince my husband, who absolutely does not like to change a way of doing something, to use the baskets and NOT the floor, couch, etc. My husband is not known for change - as in if your great-great-great grandmother did it this way than that is the way it is to be done for all eternity and the world will explode if you dare try something new. I, on the other hand, don't care how something is accomplished as long as you get it done...someday. A "fly by the seat of your pants" woman married to a regimented man - ahh, love at it's best.

Tomorrow, after church, I will do "upkeep" on all the projects I've completed so far because, as you all know, upkeep is the hardest part of cleaning. If it weren't for upkeep everything would just stay clean and this dilemma wouldn't exist - I like that thought.

I need a housekeeper - I really do. I should tell my boss I need a huge raise so I can afford to hire a housekeeper. I think in this day and age of lay-offs and the poor economy I can sell the idea to her, don't you? OK...maybe not. Guess I'll just keep blogging - at least I won't be unemployed. I'll inform you all of my next project when I figure it out - after the upkeep cleaning of my completed projects; hmmm, what fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment