Monday, August 31, 2009

Wow! I walked into my house today and it's clean. No shoes piles by the door, the table isn't cluttered with mail and junk, the living room is tidy. Wow! Is this my house? Then, I walked down the hall into the family room and viola - no laundry piles all over the sofa, floor, coffee table, etc. Nice! Now don't get me wrong, the place isn't a showcase but a showcase has never been my goal, we live here, but I love not walking into my house and wanting to walk back out the door because of the chaotic mess.

Now, I just have to keep it up (which I'm sure I can do with the help of you). I do have areas which still need attention but, I'm glad to say, the areas you see when you first walk into a room aren't bad, not bad at all. Nonetheless, I will move onto my next project which is: clean/declutter my side of the bed. Yes, my side of the bed is a bit cluttered with all the books and other reading material (magazines, newsletters, bible study guides) I'm currently reading, the ones I have finished reading and the ones I am going to read sometime soon. I love to read and my side of the bed can attest to that fact. Now really, do I need a stack of books to read when I can only read one thing at a time. You'd think I could find a spot to neatly store the ones I'm going to read and put away the one's I've finished.

So, tomorrow, I will tackle my side of the bed. This project should only take one day unless I decide to expand the project to include refinishing my night stand which, I must warn you, is extremely likely. Of course, that will lead me to re-finished my husband's night stand...I think you can see where this is going. A las, with the rest of my house looking so nice a little "furniture refinishing" project just might be in my near future. Ta, Ta for now loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment