Sunday, August 16, 2009

Mission accomplished

Day one went down without a hitch. My master bathroom counter is clutter and dust free, my sinks are shining and you can see in my mirror. Actually, I'm not sure I don't prefer the mirror smudgy because I am sure I see more winkles on my face than the last time it was clean. Nonetheless, all this with nary a need for a nap. Not to worry, I'm sure a nap is still in order sometime before this day is over - it is the day of rest you know and I wouldn't want to ignore the day God Himself said I should rest; now would I?

I also discovered, in my endeavor to overcome being a sluggard, the cure for dust allergies. How can that be? You ask. Well, you see, I haven't had bad allergies in a while and I wondered why that was (though I'm glad for it) and when I began to clean off that bathroom counter and discovered all the dust which has slowly accumulated I realized I have unintentionally used the homeopathic method of curing my allergies. Brilliant! Don't you agree.

Those of you familiar with homeopathy will understand this, those of you who are not let me explain. Homeopathic medicine is an alternative form of medicine which basically very slowly introduces the matter (in this case dust) which causes the problem in very small amounts into the system of the victim (that would be me) resulting in the build up immunities by the body, thus curing the person of the symptoms. I think it is entirely plausible that the slow, consistent accumulation of dust in my bathroom may have, unbeknown est to me, cured my dust allergies. OK, that may seem like a far stretch to you but I'm going with it, if you don't mind, because at least that gives me justification for allowing that much dust to be in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment