Sunday, August 30, 2009

This is the day which the Lord hath made...

Proverbs 26:14

"As a door turns on its hinges, so a sluggard turns in his bed."

I have purposely NOT included what the bible says about being a sluggard because, folks, it ain't pretty. However, having read the bible on occasion (I read it frequently actually, I am a God fearing, Jesus loving Christian who loves the Lord) I do know what it says, which is probably the main reason I fight my desire not to clean house because I know I should take care of what God has blessed me with.

So, today, this day of worship and rest I will honor God for all the blessings He has bestowed upon me. He is faithful and has never left me and I will honor Him by continuing in my endeavor to take better care of the home and family He has given me. Here is just a short list of what He has done for me:

Loving, wonderful, hardworking husband who tells me I am his one and only daily
Healthy children whom are my heart
I was raised in a very loving home where my parents honored each other
I was raised in a Christian home where my Mom didn't just talk the talk (boy could she walk that talk; I aspire to be like her)
My sister (although I was a happy only child until she came along) is my loyal friend and I couldn't do life without her (even if I sometime act otherwise).
A family support system which allows me to know that I never have to do this life on earth alone, they will always love me (do you know how many people don't have that?)
A nice home (I never have to worry about where I will stay the night)
Every need has been met, over and over again
A lot of wants are even met
I live in a country where I can worship as I please and can work to make my dreams come true because I have freedom (let's work to keep this country that way, OK)

This is a short list but I just want everyone to know I am thankful. God has given me so much and I never, never want to take it for granted. Thank you Father! Please, if you are reading this, take a moment to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment