Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Off to a good start???

Well, I was off to a good start. Day one went beautifully, then came day two and then day three. On day two I left for work at 6:00 a.m. and did not return home for more than 20 min. until about 8:30 p.m. at which time I fell into bed, read my bible and dropped into a dead sleep. My son is heading off to college and we held a good-bye party for him so when I got home from work I gathered food and other "party" stuff and headed off, to my wonderful friend, Dondie's house (she has a pool and offered to host the party) for the party. OK, I am just sure my only eldest son getting ready to travel across the country, away from his mother, to live, away from his mother (that's me), should not only buy me a bit of leeway in not cleaning but I absolutely have the perfect excuse to fall into bed for an entire week and sleep away the misery and sorrow of my baby leaving me.

Now day three: Well, I had to take my youngest son to get his driver's license (which is almost the same as sending him across the country to live since he'll never, ever be home anymore), then work the late shift getting home at 6:15 p.m., eat (can never miss out on that) and then I was off to bible study. Then I came home around 8:45 p.m. and fell into bed once again. Notice days two and three did not involve a nap so I not only gave up cleaning I gave up my my nap because there was simply no time (now anyone who knows me knows that no nap is BIG).

Today is day four and I don't believe I have to run off anywhere after work so we'll see if I can get caught up a bit. I'll let you know later today. Off to work for now, have a blessed day all.

No comments:

Post a Comment