Thursday, August 20, 2009

Shower scum

Today is Thursday, it's 5:50 a.m. and I'm thinking...shower scum. Is that not crazy? I even looked shower scum up on-line and this is what I learned. Shower scum is the gradual accumulation of soap residue and body oil. Yep! That stuff built up on the walls of your tub or shower is your very own (and anyone else who uses the shower) body oil. So, basically, you have weeks, or months or even years for some (not me) of your good ol' body oil built up on that shower wall. Now in't that nice (said with a southern accent for emphasis)? Yuk! That stuff has got to go.

So, I think, hmmm, body oil - a good de-greaser should work and one of the best is ammonia. Yep, good, stinky, old fashion ammonia - it's cheap too, about $1.00 or $2.00 for a whole bottle; if you can stand the smell. Well, I got up this morning, ran the shower (with the hope of loosening that horrible stuff) and sprayed my shower down with ammonia (I am now fully awake). I let it sit while I dried my hair and then I wiped, then scrubbed, then scrubbed harder - nah, stuff's still there (although not quite as much).

Can you believe I actually got up at 5:30 a.m. with soap scum on my mind (before coffee I might add) and scrubbed shower scum? I who detests housework scrubbed shower scum at 5:30 a.m., in the morning, before the sun was even awake. So, the moral of this story is...sleeping and being in bed really is much better than house work. I knew I had it right and the rest of the world had it wrong but the expectations of society made me feel like it was me. Me? Hmm, proven wrong by soap scum, who knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment