Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Plan

OK, I said I'd devise a plan and I have. The first thing I will do is: assess the damage. I will do this room by room but not all at once; I could do it all at once but I believe that will be way too overwhelming and cause me to feel the need for yet another nap or cause me to go into a deep, dark depression which can only be relieved by leaving the house to get away from it all.

So, I will take one room at a time, assess the damage and then proceed with cleaning and organizing that room. Once that room is done I will move on to the next room until, viola the entire house has been cleaned and organized. Sounds easy enough, right? Right?

Master bathroom:

Assessment:
clutter on counter
dust on counter
dirty mirror
dirty counter
clutter under counter cabinet
tub needs cleaning
window sills dusty
blinds dusty
shower stall dirty
shower stall glass has scum build-up
toilet room floor needs mopped
toilet needs cleaned everyone (top to bottom)

Solution:

Day one: de-clutter and clean counter top
throw away old, never used products and stuff
clean sinks
clean mirrors

Day two: de-clutter and clean under counter
throw away old, never used products and stuff
damp wipe/dust bottom of counter
organize area

Day three: Scrub shower and tub
Clean scum build-up from glass and tile.
Dust window sills and blinds

Day four: Clean toilet
Mop toilet floor
Empty trash
Vacuum bathroom carpet

Wow! Four days to clean one room. Seems like a long time but I suppose that beats what I've been doing which isn't much of anything.

Disclaimer: Nothing in my house (except the shower stall, actually has anything growing on it) I do actually manage to keep things sanitary but I absolutely hate it and the clutter has gotten out of control. I cannot stand to let dishes pile up and the kitchen garbage is emptied regularly so I am hopeful that I am not a lost cause.

I will begin on day one - tomorrow which is Sunday. I know it's the day of rest but I promise I'll take a nap after completing day one.

By the way, today is my son's birthday and he is craving PaPa Murphy's Pizza for dinner so I'm off the hook for cooking. Ho hum, well, it is his day.

No comments:

Post a Comment