Monday, August 31, 2009

Do Refinish or Not to Refinish

OK, I am about to really humiliate myself by showing you my side of the bed which will be my next cleaning project. Bad huh? The reason I'm showing you this atrocity is so you can see my night stand which I want to refinish. Below is the amour I recently refinished; it use to be red (really pretty) but it didn't fit into my newly painted (by me) blue room (OK, I paint so I don't have to clean, it's sick, I know) so I refinished it and made it white; I even distressed it. I think it looks great in the room.


So, do you think the night stands should match? They were all a matching pair at one time. When I got the set they were a bulky, dark 70's bedroom set but honey, they are real wood, not that pressed wood crap which is all anyone without a rich man's budget can afford. So, give me the old, real stuff and I'll make it pretty. Anyway, I redid them in a dark red and loved them until recently (got lots of complements on them too). Now, they need to change with the rest of the house. Anyway, the nightstand will look like this; only smaller. What'cha think? You can't really see the distressing on this piece so you'll have to take my word for it. Are you ready to go through a furniture re-do with me? I'm up for it if you are. Disclaimer: the rest of my house may fall apart during any type of painting project however, I am hoping that since most the house looks pretty good I can weather this project without complete household destruction.



I'll be gone this weekend so the re-finishing project will have to wait until the following weekend; I'm sure I can find plenty in this house to keep me busy until then. Ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment