Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I have been reluctant to mention that I need to add regular exercise to my sluggard blog. Reluctant because I know once I put it out there, in print, I have to either do it or confess I didn't do it and the thought of admitting I didn't do something I told you I would do has had a tremendous affect on getting me to do housework so maybe, just maybe, it will work with exercise too. Still, the thought of a little nap after work rather than exercise is so much more appealing and relaxing and just plain luxurious. Yet, as I look at my very flabby stomach and legs it is quite obvious that a bit of exercise would do me a world of good.

The good news is, I actually forced myself to the gym today and...here's the clincher, I even worked out. I know, hard to believe but I did and thus far I have not lied to you in this blog (though the temptation has been there; but then what's the point?).

So, with trepidation and an inner voice screaming "don't do it" I am committing to workout at least three times a week to you, my blog fans (though I'm pretty sure none of you actually exist, on the off chance that you do, I'm committed).

Tomorrow I will do cardio for 20 mins., sit-ups and abdomen exercises and at least three different arm exercises. I'm starting slow, if you don't mind, I need to move the next day. Those of you who think "that's nothing girl, what's the point?" let me remind you that nothing is exactly what I have been doing so, from where I am, any form of movement is better than that.

OK, I've done it! I've committed to exercise so let's see how I do. I'll report back on that and the disgusting housework thing in a day or two. By the way, my next home project is to finish preparing a reading room for my husband and myself; I've already painted the room but then stopped. I will give myself until Friday to have it complete and ready to use. Along with this project I will also keep the clean parts of my house clean. That's actually three projects this week alone: exercise, finish the room and housework upkeep. Boy am I rockin' or what? Maybe off my rocker is more like it, lol. Until next time; happiness, inner peace and God's blessings upon you.

No comments:

Post a Comment