Saturday, September 26, 2009

No more excuses, I'm on that room.

So my son is well and he got his stuff out of the room I need to work on...now what excuse can I use to get out of it? OK, none. Besides I already started on it. I hung the blind in the window which uh, um, my husband was suppose to do (never wait on a man honey or you'll be waiting forever) and got all the junk out of there and vacuumed and it's looking pretty good so far. Right now I'm washing a cushion cover (hope it doesn't shrink) and writing my blog.

So today I will bless you with my wisdom on waiting for a man to help you. Don't! Just don't, it won't happen or if it does he won't be patient enough and will say something rude and you'll be frustrated and he'll come up one night all cute and sexy wanting to be close to you and you'll want to bite him (not in the seductive kind of way) and he'll have absolutely no clue whatsoever what is wrong with you and you'll just be pissed. Here's the best martial advise I can give. If you want something around your house done learn how to do it yourself. Get yourself a little tool box (hide it so no one can help themselves to your tools), a cordless drill (really, I do have one - love it), and a little tool belt (mine was a gift and it's pink). Then when you ask your most wonderful to hang, install, sand, patch or whatever it is you'd like him to do because he's the man and biologically created to do these and he doesn't do it within a reasonable amount of time (in the case of the blinds I waited 2 months) you just do it yourself and say nothing. Viola, marriage saved!

Oops, I forgot one integral part of the above. You must not skip this step or you will be in divorce court before the day is over. Make sure your most wonderful IS NOT home when you take it upon yourself to do his job. He will try to take over, offer advise, or supervise and you will have absolutely no patience for such nonsense (remember he was suppose to do this) and the fire will burn in the home that day and no good whatsoever can come from such a scenario; I guarantee that.

Sisters, my most wonderful is wonderful but let me tell you if we were to ever divorce it would be because of stupid little things described above. When it comes to big stuff we work together very well but little things. Little things! Let me tell you that's what can ruin a marriage little things and after 21 years of marriage, it ain't worth it. Let it go, you just gotta let it go. This takes years and years of practice but it is by far the best thing I have ever learned so remember - let it go. Life is hard and there are real issue you have to face; let the little things go. This works well with children and friends and co-workers, etc. also, but is especially important in marriage.

OK, enough for today. I have some pictures to hang before Mr. Wonderful gets home. Ta, ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment