Sunday, September 20, 2009

Oh, oh - call me a liar.

OK, I wrote last week about how I haven't lied to you and how I have completed everything I have committed to but here it is Sunday and my upstairs room is still undone. I also told you all I needed my son to help and well...he's sick and I need him to get that stuff he stored in there out to move forward - I can't move it; too heavy for me (and I'm pretty strong). I know he's really sick because his butt hasn't left the bed and he doesn't want his friends around so he is down for the count (if you know anything about my son, at all ,you know he is all about his friends and he doesn't want them here right now; should I dial 911?). Anyhoo, if you don't mind, I'm putting that room off until next weekend (even if you do mind but I'm banking on the fact you have a heart for a teenager who doesn't even want his friends around).

Anyway, this weekend has been low key but I've done some laundry and, the most important, I have paid all my bills, balanced my bank register and updated financial records. So, you see, I haven't been sitting on my laurels.

For now I plan to stay with upkeep (boy there is plenty of that) and focus on the upstairs room next weekend when my boy is feeling better. I also will have him do a dump run when the weather cools down. We have a bunch of junk stored on the side of the house which needs to find it's way to the dump but I just can't make my baby do it in this heat because I know I wouldn't do it in this heat and it's just wrong to have a double standard for a human being you love more than life itself (that would be my 6'2" baby).

Until next time - God's blessings upon you and peace in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment